Monday 13 January 2014

Homeschooling Gives Me and my Family Freedom

When my son started going to school (he want for three months ) I felt free, but trapped. Sounds paradoxical right ? Well, I felt free because when u dropped him off I could go about my daily business without stressing about what my son. However, I felt trapped because I had to rush every morning to take him to school. It was a struggle, if I wanted to book a holiday I had to organise it around the school terms. By the time the first term ended I was exhausted! I was totally frazzled and so was my four year old son. Something clicked in my head, this was not right for us! My son then told me he was basically getting bulled. Then I thought, this is the perfect time to pull him out of school. I did it and I have not looked back.


Since I started homeschooling, we take walks in the park whenever we want, take breaks whenever we feel like it and take impromptu day trips. I am looking forward to just going on holiday because I can. My son loves the freedom and he is discovering a joy for learning thy I think school was killing. I think school is good for some people but for my son, I don't think it is the right fit. For now we will continue to homeschool and see where this road takes us ! So far, I am loving it and my son is loving it ! This week we are going to the science museum lets see how that works out ! 

Peace and blessings ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment