Tuesday 8 July 2014

When you find Home Education Difficult : Stop!

Recently I have been battling with my decision to homeschool. I decided I would flexi school in September, he will go twice a week to a lovely private school not far from where we live. 

However, I started to feel like maybe he should go to school full time. He is giving me hell right now. So what I have done is just stop. I have stopped trying to make him do stuff, I have stopped trying to get him to do certain pieces of school work in the morning. I have just been letting him play. He has no interest in doing anything else at this point. 

Before he was interested in reading and writing, doing drum lessons and drama. Now it's like I'm dragging him to places. It Is getting really tedious and I have had enough. So I have cancelled his lessons from now on. As he gets older he will tell me what he wants to do. So, for now I am not stressing out. I have simply stopped. For the past few days we have just been going to parks. We have learned a lot in that space of time. For now we are happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment